Ibec / Dublin Institute of Technology
The Diploma in Professional Competence enhances an array of soft skills that are vital in the business environment. Graduates develop their presentation and communication skills, learn the steps involved in strategic planning and practice effective collaboration methods with team members.
Diploma in Professional Competence, Level 6 20 credits.
Blended learning: Weekly Live Tutorial and 4 Classroom Days (3 Performance Competence & 1 Finance)
On completion of this programme, participants will:
- Develop active listening and communication skills
- Understand key areas of personal effectiveness such as time management, decision making and presentation skills
- Develop an integrated theoretical and practical perspective on Management and leadership
- Understand fundamental principles involved in the production of company accounts and develop a capacity for interpretation and analysis of financial information
- Resolve conflict in a more assertive and collaborative manner
- Understand human factors in the business environment and develop an awareness of their leadership / management style
- Understand the steps involved in a formal strategic planning process and how to develop a framework of analysis to identify problems in business scenarios
- Develop the critical professional skills needed to be a high performing manager and leader