This course is two modules that run together as one programme. Current start date is 11th Nov 2022 and runs for 24 weeks (11 Nov 2022 – 18 May 2023)
Applicants are required to hold at the time of enrolment the established leaving certificate (or an approved equivalent) with at least Grade C3 in two higher level subjects and a Grade D3 in four ordinary or higher-level subjects (including Mathematics; Irish or another language and English).
In addition, the medical technology industry requirement is a minimum Level 7 degree or Level 6 Craft certificate. Mature students (at least 23 years of age on the 1st January 2022) may apply for entry to any of the programmes of study. Each mature student is considered on an individual basis.
Academic qualifications, work and life experience, motivation and overall potential for the programme of study are evaluated, usually, by means of an interview.
Cost is €490.00 per person to be paid on offer & acceptance of a place
1: The Certificate in Quality Engineering
Certified by University of Limerick (QQI Level 8 – 30 ECTS), delivered by Global Business Institute, covers all modules of the American Society for Quality (ASQ) in preparation for the Certified Quality Engineer’s examination.
- Management and Leadership in Quality Engineering
- Quality Systems Development, Implementation, and Verification
- Planning, Controlling, Assuring Product and Process Quality
- Reliability and Risk Management
- Problem Solving and Quality Improvement
- Quantitative Methods – Concepts of probability & statistics, Statistical decision making, modelling of relationship between variables, Design of experiments, SPC, Reliability Analysis, Process Capability Analysis
- Career Development
This module also includes a journal and a case study.
|Certificate in Quality Engineering
Provisional 2022/23 Class Timetable
|Week No:||Class Details||Day||Date||Time|
|1||AU3131: Introduction to Quality Mgt||Friday||11-Nov||10AM – 5PM|
|2||AU4094: Quality Science||Thursday||24-Nov||7 – 8 PM|
|3||AU4044: Problem Solving Tools & Techniques||Friday||02-Dec||10AM – 5PM|
|4||—————————————————————–||Thursday||08-Dec||7 – 8 PM|
|5||Tutors: Simon Jege & Gordon Flewett.||Friday||16-Dec||10AM – 5PM|
|6||These 3 modules will be taught by both tutors,||Thursday||22-Dec||7 – 8 PM|
|7||with each tutor managing his own area of expertise.||Thursday||05-Jan||7 – 8 PM|
|8||—————————————————————–||Friday||13-Jan||10AM – 5PM|
|9||Weekly tutorials – 7 – 8 PM & are recorded in Moodle||Thursday||19-Jan||7 – 8 PM|
|10||Classroom Days 10AM to 5PM, lunch 1-2PM and||Thursday||26-Jan||7 – 8 PM|
|11||10 minutes coffee breaks every hour||Friday||03-Feb||10AM – 5PM|
|12||AU3131 Final Exam (1hr duration)||Friday||10-Feb||7PM – 10PM|
|AU4044 Final Exam (1hr duration)||Saturday||11-Feb||10AM – 1PM|
|AU4094 Final Exam (1hr duration)||Saturday||11-Feb||2PM – 5PM|
|12||CA4003 Career Development||2 days||TBC||TBC|
|IE2011 Learner’s Journal||2 months||13-Feb||16-Apr|
2: The Diploma in Professional Competence
Certified by TU Dublin (QQI Level 6 – 20 ECTS), delivered by Ibec Academy, enhances an array of soft skills that are vital in the business environment.
Graduates develop their presentation and communication skills, learn the steps involved in strategic planning and practice effective collaboration methods with team members.
On successful completion of this programme, participants will:
- Develop active listening and communication skills
- Understand key areas of personal effectiveness such as time management, decision making and presentation skills
- Develop an integrated theoretical and practical perspective on Management and leadership
- Understand fundamental principles involved in the production of company accounts and develop a capacity for interpretation and analysis of financial information
- Resolve conflict in a more assertive and collaborative manner
- Understand human factors in the business environment and develop an awareness of their leadership / management style
- Understand the steps involved in a formal strategic planning process and how to develop a framework of analysis to identify problems in business scenarios
- Develop the critical professional skills needed to be a high performing manager and leader
|1||DPC 1 & 2||Friday Feb 24||09:30-16:00||Online Classroom Day|
|2||Module 1 & 2 Tutorial||Thursday March 2||19:00-20:30||Online Tutorial|
|3||DPC 3 & 4||Friday March 10||09:30-16:00||Online Classroom Day|
|4||Module 3 & 4 Tutorial||Wednesday March 15||19:00-20:30||Online Tutorial|
|5||DPC 5 & 6||Friday March 24||09:30-16:00||Online Classroom Day|
|6||Module 5 & 6 Tutorial||Thursday March 30||19:00-20:30||Online Tutorial|
|7||DPC 7 & 8||Thursday April 6||09:30-16:00||Online Classroom Day|
|8||Module 7 & 8 Tutorial||Thursday April 13||19:00-20:30||Online Tutorial|
|9||DPC 9 & 10||Friday April 21||09:30-16:00||Online Classroom Day|
|10||Module 9 & 10 Tutorial||Thursday April 27||19:00-20:30||Online Tutorial|
|11||DPC 11 & 12||Friday May 5||09:30-16:00||Online Classroom Day|
|12||Module 11 & 12 Tutorial||Thursday May 11||19:00-20:30||Online Tutorial|
|Exam||Thursday May 18, 2023||TBC|
The following documents must be attached to your application; (Application cannot be processed without these documents attached, once all documents are received online, with your application, status will be updated to pending. Places will be given to those who meet the eligibility criteria and are most eligible for the course.) If you are offered a place & accepted on the course, updated documents will need to be attached.
1. If you are employed – a letter from your employer / most recent payslip – MUST BE DATED within 6 weeks of the start date of the course.
1. If you are a homemaker you need to have a letter confirming this, signed by commissioner of oath. – MUST BE DATED within 6 weeks of the start date of the course
1. If you are unemployed you need to send a copy of your jobseeker benefit/allowance slip, or letter from social welfare office. – MUST BE DATED within 2 weeks of the start date of the course.
2. Copy of transcripts to support your academic history – Proof of L7 degree – 180 credits (3 year STEM degree)
4. Proof of Address – Utility Bill/P60 etc.
5. Proof of identification – Passport/Drivers Licence
6. Visa requirements/stamp 4 visa etc
7. Proof of PPS
8. Proof of residence – dates must show 3 years residence prior to start of course. Proof for each year 2019, 2020, 2021 or 2020, 2021, 2022, etc.
Irish Medtech Springboard will contact you closer to start date of course (within 4-5 weeks of start to collect this data prior to enrolment of course)
Note: By applying to this course, through the Irish Medtech Springboard, you are agreeing to your data being shared with the relevant staff and trainers within the Irish Medtech Springboard, and the relevant academic institutions, to facilitate these awards.
To confirm eligibility on Springboard courses, please go to https://springboardcourses.ie/eligibility