This course is two modules that run together as one programme. Current start date is 14th Nov 2022 and runs for 21 weeks (Nov 2022 – April 2023)
To be eligible for this programme you must have the following:
- Already hold a B.Sc (level 7) in a technical, engineering, science discipline, or equivalent.
- Cost is €490.00 per person to be paid on offer & acceptance of a place
1: The Certificate in Quality Engineering
Certified by University of Limerick (QQI Level 8 – 30 ECTS), delivered by Global Business Institute, covers all modules of the American Society for Quality (ASQ) in preparation for the Certified Quality Engineer’s examination.
- Management and Leadership in Quality Engineering
- Quality Systems Development, Implementation, and Verification
- Planning, Controlling, Assuring Product and Process Quality
- Reliability and Risk Management
- Problem Solving and Quality Improvement
- Quantitative Methods – Concepts of probability & statistics, Statistical decision making, modelling of relationship between variables, Design of experiments, SPC, Reliability Analysis, Process Capability Analysis
- Career Development
This module also includes a journal and a case study (details to be confirmed).
2: The Diploma in Professional Competence
Certified by TU Dublin (QQI Level 6 – 20 ECTS), delivered by Ibec Academy, enhances an array of soft skills that are vital in the business environment.
Graduates develop their presentation and communication skills, learn the steps involved in strategic planning and practice effective collaboration methods with team members.
On successful completion of this programme, participants will:
- Develop active listening and communication skills
- Understand key areas of personal effectiveness such as time management, decision making and presentation skills
- Develop an integrated theoretical and practical perspective on Management and leadership
- Understand fundamental principles involved in the production of company accounts and develop a capacity for interpretation and analysis of financial information
- Resolve conflict in a more assertive and collaborative manner
- Understand human factors in the business environment and develop an awareness of their leadership / management style
- Understand the steps involved in a formal strategic planning process and how to develop a framework of analysis to identify problems in business scenarios
- Develop the critical professional skills needed to be a high performing manager and leader
The following documents must be attached to your application; (Application cannot be processed without these documents attached, once all documents are received online, with your application, status will be updated to pending. Places will be given to those who meet the eligibility criteria and are most eligible for the course.)
1. If you are employed – a letter from your employer / most recent payslip – MUST BE DATED within 6 weeks of the start date of the course.
1. If you are a homemaker you need to have a letter confirming this, signed by commissioner of oath. – MUST BE DATED within 6 weeks of the start date of the course
1. If you are unemployed you need to send a copy of your jobseeker benefit/allowance slip, or letter from social welfare office. – MUST BE DATED within 6 weeks of the start date of the course
2. Copy of transcripts to support your academic history – Proof of L7 degree – 180 credits (3 year STEM degree)
4. Proof of Address – dates must show 3 years residence prior to start of course.
5. Proof of identification – Passport/Drivers Licence
Note: By applying to this course, through the Irish Medtech Springboard, you are agreeing to your data being shared with the relevant staff and trainers within the Irish Medtech Springboard, and the relevant academic institutions, to facilitate these awards.
To confirm eligibility on Springboard courses, please go to https://springboardcourses.ie/eligibility